Jonesin’ for some old school? Jacktown’s gotcha fix!
Tomorrow night the Old School Getaway Fest is coming to Jackson Mississippi. Bel Biv DeVoe, Doug E. Fresh, Salt-n-Pepa, and other guests will be rockin’ the city like it’s the last weekend of 2013; oh wait, it is.
Yes, the final weekend of the year, Saturday, December 28, legends will grace the stage of the Mississippi Coliseum to give fans a nostalgic taste of 80’s and 90’s rap, hip-hop, and R&B.
The show jumps off at 7:30 PM and ticket prices start at $27 (plus fees). For venue info, map and more ticket info visit songkick.com.
- Salt N Pepa – November 2013 (ilikeconcerts.wordpress.com)
- Rapper Doe B Shot and Killed (bet.com)
- Biography of Rap (mrkeskus.wordpress.com)
- What Do Hip-Hop, Spoken Word, and Slam Poetry Have in Common and How Might They Be Used in a Secondary School English Classroom? By Bronwen E. Low (kelseysawatzky.wordpress.com)
- Esquire:5 Old-School Rap Songs That Sample Led Zeppelin (esquire.com)
- In The 90′s: Hip-Hop & R&B Vol. 1 (90′s Mixtape) [Presented by CSNW Champion Sound Radio] (csnowheaties.com)
- What Is “Nigger Music”? (diehiphop.wordpress.com)
- BreakBeats and Fresh Graffiti present: Culture Shock. State of the Music (freshgraffiti.wordpress.com)
- Return of the “Gs”: The OutKast Reunion & André 3000′s Return To The Stage (news.radio.com)
- The Real History of Rap Beats (wendelriebow124tsoir873.wordpress.com)