Country singer Martina McBride is in a soulful mood; and on March 4th she plans to show fans just how soulful she’s feeling with the release of her latest album, ‘Everlasting’. The multi-award winning country power-vocalist will tackle a slew of classic R&B/Soul hits. Among them is Aretha Franklin’s “Do Right Woman, Do Right Man”. A huge fan of both of these amazing ladies, I am pumped to hear Martina’s take on the tune. The rest of the album line-up isn’t too shabby either and if Martina can pull it off, which I am confidant she can, she stands to gain a ton of new fans. Take a peek at the track listing below.
- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man/ Original Artist: Aretha Franklin
- If You Don’t Know Me By Now/ Original Artist: Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
- Suspicious Minds/ Original Artist: Elvis Presley
- Little Bit Of Rain/ Original Artist: Fred Neil
- Bring It On Home To Me (duet with Gavin DeGraw)/ Original Artist: Sam Cooke
- Come See About Me/ Original Artist: The Supremes
- What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted/ Original Artist: Jimmy Ruffin
- I’ve Been Loving You Too Long/ Original Artist: Otis Redding
- Wild Night/ Original Artist: Van Morrison
- In The Basement (duet with Kelly Clarkson)/ Original Artist: Etta James and Sugar Pie DeSanto
- My Babe/ Original Artist: Little Walter
- To Know Him Is To Love Him/ Original Artist: The Teddy Bears
‘Everlasting’ is being produced by the legendary Don Was of the group Was (Not Was).
I know I’ll find a new favorite or two among the gems on this forthcoming album, but until then, I’m content to listen to old favorites from Martina like “This One’s For The Girls”. I’d intended to post the video for “Concrete Angel” but I can never get through that video without balling my eyes out.
Photo and track listing courtesy of martinamcbride.com